Languages

Menu
Sites
Language
[Solved] App debugging: main(): "Cannot acquire app for 1234."
Hi,

I'm building a larger app under Tizen 2.2 SDK. When trying to debug as "Tizen Native Application", the debugger does not break in OspMain() and the Log reports: launchCallback() > "Cannot acquire app for 1234." When trying to debug as "Tizen Native Application - Attach", the debugger attaches properly, but execution does NOT stop on breakpoints created.

The project includes static libraries. When including a single small libAllRight.a (9,038,706 bytes) the problem does NOT occur. When including a single large libFailure.a (48,271,620 bytes) the problem DOES occur. Moreover, when re-creating a project structure to build all the relevant source files for libFailure.a directly (without use of static libraries), the problem still DOES occur. Thus, it seems the problem is executable size -dependent (?). The problem can be replicated by 1.) creating a sample UiControls project in the default workspace location, 2.) adding a large 45MB static library to UiControls, 3.) launching "Debug As" >>  "Tizen Native Application".

The same symptoms occur under Windows 7 32-bit as well as Ubuntu 13.04 32-bit. The same symptoms also occurred under SDK 2.1.

Suggestions?

Gary

Edited by: Gary V on 30 Jul, 2013

Responses

5 Replies
Hyunsik Noh
Dear Gary, Would you mind sending a library file to me? It can be huge help to solve this problem because I have no clue. Thank you.
Hyunsik Noh
Could I ask 1 more? Is the "1234" project name? : launchCallback() > "Cannot acquire app for 1234"
Hyunsik Noh
Does this project works well when you select "Run as"?
MooChang Kim
Hi Gary. please check if your 'libFailure.a' includes 'main' API. then remove it and retry. Regards
Gary V
Hi, Bingo. Yes, one of the source files included defined main() by accident. After removal, "Debug As - Native Tizen Application" as well as breakpoints work fine (regardless of static library size). Thanks for the help! Gary