Languages

Menu
Sites
Language
Problem flashing RD-210

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my RD-210 to Tizen 2.1 but got stuck.

According to the instructions I should start by upgrading the partition structure (lthor Tizen_Disk_Migration.tar).
I've tried several times to upload it but I'm always getting an error message:

'line 299: failed to receive data r = 0
RQT_DL_INIT, status = ffffffff'

After that I must reset the device because it isn't recognized anymore and it seems to be frozen (removing the USB cable doesn't update the line saying 'Cable is connected').

I'm using fedora 18 running in a VirtualBox (in MacOS Lion).
Am I missing sometihing here?

Edited by: Brock Boland on 17 Mar, 2014 Reason: Paragraph tags added automatically from tizen_format_fix module.

Responses

11 Replies
wil smith
If your device is having 1.0 firmware then only you are required to go for repartition. Follow guideline properly mentioned in this link, https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/flash-device
Philippe Coval
what about tizen 2.2 on RD-210 ? https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Reference_Device-210
Marco Buettner
is untested and not official. You should note that the RD210 has no HW Key...
Philippe Coval
what do you mean by HW Key , a crypto key or buttons ?
Marco Buettner
Tizen 2.2 supports hardware keys from the device. Before Tizen 2.2 you have to add Soft Keys in your app. On Tizen 2.2 you will haven't soft keys in the most of the apps and the system so you maybe can't return to a previous page.
Samuel Flores

This means that the hardware buttons will not work on the 210 device using 2.2 ? 

If i can downgrade back to 2.1 I would like to give it a try maybe, is this possible ? 

Does the hardware keys will work on future updates in order to continue using 210 ? 

Marco Buettner

No, the 210 has no hardware keys!

Samuel Flores

Mmmh, im not sure to understand what means hardware keys, the 210 device has home, volume, and poweroff buttons 

Marco Buettner

But no Back and Menu button... And tizenhwkey event only access to back and menu button ;)

Samuel Flores

Oh I see now, thanks for the explanation :)

By other side I still thinking about upgrade it to 2.2.1 to make a look, it would be possible to reinstall the old firmarware ? (it has 2.1.0 right now), iirc is not possible to downgrade to 1.0 but it is possible for these versions ? 

Marco Buettner

You can downgrade from Tizen 2.2.1 until 2.0.0