- Cache-Control headers for video files on the HTML page ignored
- Requests to video files are bypassed and do not reach the Service Worker
We made a Tizen Web App for TV that receives the URL and plays it in the iframe. In the iframe, we load a page with a slideshow (images and videos).
After some testing, we noticed that regular browser caching(Cache-Control headers) is not working, which creates huge traffic. With 3 small (5 MB videos), we have got something near 1Tb per day if we keep it to play for 24h.
Trying to overcome this issue, we have created a version with a Service worker what did a precaching of all images & videos for the slideshow. But it works for all requests except requests to video files(mp4, WebM).
Somehow video files are bypassed or processed differently by the Tizen browser.
Here is a summary of what we have already tested with no luck:
- Set headers "Cache-Control: max-age=31536000"
- Use Service Worker to precache and serve video
- Place just one <video> on the page and
- Set loop attribute
- Call .play() every 10 sec.
The result is the same for all cases => video(s) loads over the network every playtime.
Please advise how to get caching working for video or any alternative workaround ideas applicable to this case.