Languages

Menu
Sites
Language
Debugging Web Application doesn't work in Chrome version above 53.0.2785.143

- I hope the Tizen Development Team is looking here, since I haven't seen a proper solution to this issue yet. I've written about the issue before and believe I cannot be the only one having the issue?

When debugging a Web App in Chrome Javascript Console, the Javascript console in Chrome doesn't work. (I develop a watch face for Gear s2

The Chrome debugging console simply gives a new line and does not execute what I write when I press enter.

The behaviour exist in Chrome versions above 53.0.2785.143. When downgrading Chrome to that older version, everything works fine again.

So, the Tizen Studio needs an update(!). There must be something wrong in how the debugger is called from Tizen Studio. (The Chrome javascript control panel works fine if invoked directly, in Chrome, when watching a normal page containing Javascript, but NOT from Tizen Studio.

Please, if you also see this issue, let's make the Tizen developer team aware!

Responses

3 Replies
Nibisz

I have the same problem. It is impossible to use console tab in debugger. 

André Reus

If you think older version is working fine,  then it will be better older version untill the bugs of new version resolved. I am using 52.0.2743.116 and it works fine. 

Fabio Costa
We are also having this problem. Thanks Samsung!