Languages

Menu
Sites
Language
Unable to Debug with Emulator in Visual studio 2017

Im presenting the next issue when i tried to debug an application in the Tizen Emulator with visual studio 2017: 
the output window in VisualStudio shows that cannot find some archives of .NetCore and then exit the sdb.exe

example:

Terminal Output
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/2.1.4/System.Private.CoreLib.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/2.1.4/SOS.NETCore.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/2.1.4/System.Runtime.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/proc/3822/fd/17/bin/SimplePlayer.Tizen.TV.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/proc/3822/fd/17/bin/Xamarin.Forms.Platform.Tizen.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet.tizen/framework/Tizen.Applications.UI.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet.tizen/framework/Tizen.Applications.Common.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/2.1.4/netstandard.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
Loaded '/usr/share/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App/2.1.4/System.Collections.dll'. Cannot find or open the symbol file.
The program 'sdb.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

The app is compiled and installed but when the debugging process start the sdb stops and the app never start,
if i install the app directly from the Tizen sdb Command Prompt im able to run it but not to debug. 

what could be causing this issue?

Im using:  

Visual Studio 2017 (version 15.9.11)
Windows 10 
Tizen 5.0 Emulator
TV Extension Image 5.1.0.

Responses

7 Replies
Jay Cho

Hello, I've tried to reproduce the case in the same environment, but I could not see the problem.

Are you still having the same issue? Please check if the tizen studio is installed properly. There used to be the broken sdk installer for Windows 64. That was fixed on July 29th.

I also see the error logs about "Cannot find of open" thing though. I will try to find the reason for that.

Jesus Isaac Sandoval Flores

Hello it may be convenient to mention that this happen with an application using OpenGL 
to be exact the JuvoPlayer with the OpenGL version, with other applications the debug proccess is working, but the terminal have the same output.

Jay Cho

I was gonna try launching JuvoPlayer, but had a "Signature error" when installing.

Does the problem occur when the application is containing OpenGL?

the error only happen when we try to launch in debug mode the OpenGL version of JuvoPlayer, but we didn't get any error, the visual studio IDE show the installing process and when it start the application the sdb stop and the application closes, if we install the tpk file directly from the sdb command promt, the emulator is able to start the OpenGL version, but the error happen when we try to run it from visual studio. 

Jay Cho

I'm trying to reproduce the case with JuvoPlayer.OpenGL project, but I keep getting "Signature error" during installation process.

- Do I miss something with the certificate?

- Can you launch app using "Start without Debugging(Ctrl + F5)" ? Is the issue problem launching app on VS? or just the Debug mode?

I have to create a partner certificate to run the app and give permisions to the emulator to install apps, also i have to indicate visual studio which certificate is using in the Tools -> Options -> Tizen 

this problem happen when launching the app on VS. if i install the app directly from the Tizen sdb command prompt, the app is installed and im able to run it directly in the emulator.

Jay Cho

Couldn't find the problem yet..  Can you test it without DllImport?

DllImport could not be supported on particular debugger.