I am currently unable to launch the emulator for Tizen on my Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS box.
1. Start Tizen Studio
2. Click on Emulator Manager Button
3. Click Launch button (only one emulator selected, Tizen-5 "HD1080 TV")
4. Emulator opens
5. "Post" appears, "Booting the kernel"
6. The emulator screen goes black (inside the screen graphic)
7. At this point, a few different results have happened to me
a. My entire system freezes requiring a hard reboot
b. My system informs me that the process is not responding, letting me kill it
c. The emulator process simply dies
Here are some various logs for diagnosis:
VM Launch Config: