I had a running version of Tizen Studio 2.2 (upgraded). But allowing the package manager to update did serious damage to the data files and Studio lost pointers to all the data/project files.
I then tried to install 3.0, which failed. I've removed the old IDE and installed from scratch and the installer launches (with either user rights or admin rights), shows the small extraction screen, but the program terminates "normally" before it launches the first dialog screen on install.
I still have the 2.2 download and that installs correctly until the package manager tries to update the code, which fails on update. I've been watching this space to see if anyone has similar problems. It appears that the package manager is at fault here, and I suspect a permissions problem. I've launched it under visual studio debugger, but since there are no symbol files, I can't tell much about why it is erroring, because it does not throw an exception.
It just terminates normally after showing "the installation process is starting" in the small progress window.